The WordPress stats helper monkeys prepared a 2011 annual report for this blog, like they had done last year too (My Blog Health-O-Meter reads Wow!). I thought you might enjoy reading it, so I have included the link below.
- My blog was viewed about 67,000 times in 2011 – thank you, dearest visitors! 🙂 In fact, I can still remember that hectically busy day in August 2011, when I hit the milestone of 150,000 views – and missed the exact moment the stats counter clicked over the 150,000 mark!
- I wrote 100 posts (on average about every 3-4 days). Honestly, this rather puzzled me, as there were long stretches where I did not post anything because Normal Life was keeping me Very Busy.
- Most visitors from the African continent came from South Africa (97.7%). The United States (79.3% of North America) & Japan (54.4% of Asia) were not far behind. Most European visitors came from the UK (33.2%). Welcome, fellow South Africans!
- The busiest day of the year was 22 September 2011 with 874 views. The most popular post that day was Where cats can sleep. This was a complete surprise – why do so many people like to see pictures of cats sleeping? Clearly, with so many cat lovers around, I think I’d better put up some more pictures of our Tuffy-cat!
- The post that received the most comments in 2011 was Thirsty bees drinking from the water fountain.
- The most popular referring sites included Labaq.com (an Asian search engine, I believe), Facebook and WordPress.
- Most visitors searched for madam and eve (I had once put in a Madam and Eve cartoon, which is one of my favourite South African cartoons), radish (in 2009, we’d attempted to plant a very small veggie garden – the only thing that survived the cats, the birds, the worms, the caterpillars, and the moles were the glorious radishes), playmobil caravan (in 2010, I reminisced about my favourite childhood toys and said a very sad goodbye to them), african penguins, boulders beach (in 2010, I’d written about the African penguins of Boulders Beach in Simon’s Town) and sleeping cat (OK, OK, I get the message!).
- My five most active commenters were Lisa from Notes from Africa (South Africa), Kathy from Lake Superior Spirit and Simply Here (USA), Truels from Truels’ Blog (Denmark), Helen from Walking the Cape (South Africa) and Rosie from Wandering Rose (USA) – Thank you for your support!
- The posts that received the most views in 2011 were Where cats can sleep (January 2009), A ‘Madam and Eve’ cartoon (June 2008), A brief Introduction to the Littlewort Trail in the Newlands Forest (July 2009), Green Point Stadium (July 2009) and Do you remember Playmobil? (April 2010).
Pretty cool, WordPress! Thank you!
Here’s an excerpt:
Madison Square Garden can seat 20,000 people for a concert. This blog was viewed about 67,000 times in 2011. If it were a concert at Madison Square Garden, it would take about 3 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.