On Friday, 16 July 2010, we headed in the direction of McGregor for an extended weekend away in the Riviersonderend mountains, to celebrate my birthday (and that of Madiba) on 18 July. We stayed in a little Kliphuisie (or stone cottage) at Onverwacht Flora, a mountain top farm near the famous Boesmanskloof trail between Greyton and McGregor.
This is the story of our weekend. I hope you’ll enjoy clicking your way through these posts:
- From Cape Town to Onverwacht (Part I)
- Exploring the surroundings of our Kliphuisie (Part II)
- A hike into the depths of the river valley (Part III)
- A visit to the peaceful Eseltjiesrus Donkey Sanctuary (Part IV)
- Exploring the unfinished road at Die Galg (Part V)