At the end of May, we spent a couple of days at the delightful Somerset Gift Getaway Farm, tucked away in a narrow little valley at the foothills of the Langeberge, just outside Swellendam.
I have finally written up the story of our stay there, with plenty of pictures, and I hope you’ll enjoy clicking and reading your way through all 7 posts.
Here they are, in chronological order:
- Swellendam, here we come! (Part I)
- A river ramble to Baboon Kloof with a happy dog (Part II)
- Lunch in gaol, a berry liqueur tasting, and yawning horses (Part III)
- A challenging hike to waterfalls and rock pools in the mountains (Part IV)
- A new friend, a short canoe trip, and happy horses (Part V)
- Across Tradouw Pass to Barrydale (Part VI)
- Homeward bound via Cogmans Kloof Pass and Du Toits Kloof Pass (Part VII)
2 thoughts on “A mid-week getaway to the mountains of Swellendam”
Hi Reggie – wanted to let you know that I have been here, checking in. It will take me some time to work my way through these posts, but I will do it eventually! I found the hike photos very interesting, so I’m sure I will have fun looking through these.
Hello Karma – yes, I suppose I was going a bit overboard with all these write-ups and photos, but it was such fun! (Both the hiking and the adventuring AND the writing about it afterwards :-)).