After reading Pia’s recent post (April 2009), titled “Organic food gardens, micro-enterprises and a ’survival garden’: A visit to Oude Molen Eco Village in Pinelands”, on her very informative Mother City Living website, I did a search on my own blog to see how often I’d written about this place myself.
- 05 May 2009: World, meet Millie
- 05 May 2009: Oude Molen Eco-Village under threat?
- 02 May 2009: Photo: A strange insect
- 16 Feb 2009: A Valentine’s Day photo-shoot at Oude Molen
- 14 Feb 2009: Photos taken during said photo-shoot
- 17 Dec 2008: Carrot juice, chocolate cake and a chameleon
- 30 Apr 2008: Curry and chocochino among the chickens
- 18 Mar 2008: And darkness descends once more
- 13 Mar 2008: Foals at the farmstall
- 01 Feb 2008: Dinner next door and two cat stories
And now that I know that the survival of the Millstone Farm Stall and many of the other micro-industries there may well depend on getting more regular visitors, I will make a point of telling even more people about it.
… Because losing this precious oasis of rural life that is literally in the middle of a big, sprawling metropolis, would be just too horrible to contemplate.
For more photos, go to this Picasa photo album.