- 298,563 visits
Welcome to my World!
This blog grew out of a desire to share with others my enthusiasm for getting to know my neighbourhood and my city - and hopefully more parts of South Africa and beyond!
The Cape Peninsula is an extraordinarily beautiful place: we have an iconic world-famous mountain right in the heart of Cape Town, wonderful and easily accessible hiking trails all over the mountain, and a fascinating history, culture and society just waiting to be explored.
Freshly Pressed and Popular Posts
Featured Posts1. Erindi Private Game Reserve in Namibia: A Bushveld Paradise (2011)
2. Getaway to Riversdale (August 2011)
3. A Theme Change: MistyLook to Comet
4. Photographing Military Events
5. Tuffy-Cat and the Open Window
6. Wild Flowers at Postberg Nature Reserve in 2011
7. Bodhi Khaya Retreat Centre in 2011
8. Our little American roadtrip of 2012
9. 2012 - An exciting year of being published
10. Springtime wild flowers at Seeberg in the West Coast National Park 2012
Flat Kathy’s Blog
The Fantastical Voyages of Flat Kathy1. My Special Flat Kathy Postcards
2. The 10th CANSA Shavathon
3. Who has nipped Miss Tuffy-Cat's catnip?!
4. The Du Toit's Kloof Pass
5. A special Sunflower
6. The Grim Reaper on the Black River
7. Lions at Rhodes Memorial
8. Sunset on the Beach
9. Happy Birthday to Cousin Buller
10. The Tale of Miss Tuffy-Cat
- Do you want to receive one of Flat Kathy’s Very Special Postcards?
- Flat Kathy surprises us at the 10th annual CANSA Shavathon
- Admiring the early morning flowers
- Charon the Ferryman – and his spooky friend – are floating on the Black River
- Walking around with Flat Kathy: An introduction to a magical world?
- Ka-BOOM!! So a car battery really CAN explode?!
- Flat Kathy’s new blog is flourishing
- Meet Flat Kathy: Our Visitor from Overseas
- Defeated by the sun-baked mountain slopes of the Swartboskloof and revived by lunch at Hillcrest Berry Farm
- Transforming the Greenest Pool in our Neighbourhood: From luminous green sludge to sparkling clear water
Copyright Notice© Regine Lord and http://namibsands.wordpress.com, 2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material, text and photographs on this blog, without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to me and my blog with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Exploring the Cape
Getaway to the Garden Route
Getaway to the Cedarberg Mountains
Getaway to the Olifants River Mountains
Getaway to Swellendam
Getaway to McGregor
Getaway to Stanford
Getaway to Riversdale
Hikes and Rambles
Home and Garden
Category Archives: Green Point
As we had had so much fun exploring Cape Town and doing all manner of touristy things with mom-in-law and sis-in-law during their various visits in 2011 (for instance, have a look at this post), we were really excited when … Continue reading
We celebrated the start of the New Year with a leisurely stroll in the golden light of late afternoon along the Mouille Point/Green Point/Sea Point promenade, near the lighthouse with its distinctive red-and-white stripes. There is an important update on … Continue reading
Chocolate cake, a water wheel and swirling seagulls: A birthday celebration at Green Point Urban Park
The day of the local municipal elections – Wednesday, 18 May 2011 – was declared a public holiday. Having done our civic duty even before breakfast by having our thumbnails marked with ultraviolet ink (to prevent double-voting) and casting our … Continue reading