- 299,114 visits
Welcome to my World!
This blog grew out of a desire to share with others my enthusiasm for getting to know my neighbourhood and my city - and hopefully more parts of South Africa and beyond!
The Cape Peninsula is an extraordinarily beautiful place: we have an iconic world-famous mountain right in the heart of Cape Town, wonderful and easily accessible hiking trails all over the mountain, and a fascinating history, culture and society just waiting to be explored.
Freshly Pressed and Popular Posts
Featured Posts1. Erindi Private Game Reserve in Namibia: A Bushveld Paradise (2011)
2. Getaway to Riversdale (August 2011)
3. A Theme Change: MistyLook to Comet
4. Photographing Military Events
5. Tuffy-Cat and the Open Window
6. Wild Flowers at Postberg Nature Reserve in 2011
7. Bodhi Khaya Retreat Centre in 2011
8. Our little American roadtrip of 2012
9. 2012 - An exciting year of being published
10. Springtime wild flowers at Seeberg in the West Coast National Park 2012
Flat Kathy’s Blog
The Fantastical Voyages of Flat Kathy1. My Special Flat Kathy Postcards
2. The 10th CANSA Shavathon
3. Who has nipped Miss Tuffy-Cat's catnip?!
4. The Du Toit's Kloof Pass
5. A special Sunflower
6. The Grim Reaper on the Black River
7. Lions at Rhodes Memorial
8. Sunset on the Beach
9. Happy Birthday to Cousin Buller
10. The Tale of Miss Tuffy-Cat
- Do you want to receive one of Flat Kathy’s Very Special Postcards?
- Flat Kathy surprises us at the 10th annual CANSA Shavathon
- Admiring the early morning flowers
- Charon the Ferryman – and his spooky friend – are floating on the Black River
- Walking around with Flat Kathy: An introduction to a magical world?
- Ka-BOOM!! So a car battery really CAN explode?!
- Flat Kathy’s new blog is flourishing
- Meet Flat Kathy: Our Visitor from Overseas
- Defeated by the sun-baked mountain slopes of the Swartboskloof and revived by lunch at Hillcrest Berry Farm
- Transforming the Greenest Pool in our Neighbourhood: From luminous green sludge to sparkling clear water
Copyright Notice© Regine Lord and http://namibsands.wordpress.com, 2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material, text and photographs on this blog, without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to me and my blog with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Exploring the Cape
Getaway to the Garden Route
Getaway to the Cedarberg Mountains
Getaway to the Olifants River Mountains
Getaway to Swellendam
Getaway to McGregor
Getaway to Stanford
Getaway to Riversdale
Hikes and Rambles
Home and Garden
Category Archives: Defence Reserves
Last year, I wrote and submitted a number of articles to the Pinelands Muse community magazine and the Reserve Force Volunteer magazine, as well as the Equestrian Express and the Sawubona in-flight magazine of South African Airways, our national carrier. … Continue reading
Last week was a pretty hectic one for me: I was allowed behind the scenes of the CT Mil Tattoo 2012, which meant that I spent every free hour at the Castle of Good Hope, listening to awesome music, observing … Continue reading
There was a brief insert about the 2012 Tattoo on the Expresso breakfast show on SABC3 this morning. They interviewed a couple of the people behind the show – Capt Vernon Michels of the SA Army Band Cape Town, Capt … Continue reading
I have just received exciting news from Andrew Schofield of Black Eagle Productions, the talented film-maker who recorded many hours of footage during the rehearsals and performances of the Cape Town Military Tattoo 2012 at the Castle of Good Hope. … Continue reading
A colourful spectacle by the light of the full moon: The dress rehearsal for the Cape Town Military Tattoo 2012
Exciting update: An article I wrote about the dress rehearsal has been published on the Reserve Force Division website! Here is the PDF document. The Dress Rehearsal for the CT Military Tattoo took place on a rather windy and very … Continue reading
‘Twas a long, loooong night of beautiful music: Evening rehearsals in the run-up to the Cape Town Military Tattoo 2012
Exciting update: An article I wrote about the evening rehearsals has been published on the Reserve Force Division website! Here is the PDF document. Monday, 29 October 2012, had been a very long, hot and windy day of rehearsals at … Continue reading
Exciting update: An article I wrote about the daytime rehearsals has been published on the Reserve Force Division website! Here is the PDF document. Monday, 29 October 2012, was a long and very busy day at the Castle of Good Hope … Continue reading
Exciting update: An article I wrote about the march through the city has been published on the Reserve Force Division website! Here is the PDF document. Capetonians and visitors to the City Centre were given a wonderful little treat at … Continue reading
Exciting update: An article I wrote about the preparations for the Tattoo has been published on the Reserve Force Division website! Here is the PDF document. The casual phrase “I was blown away” took on quite a different meaning at … Continue reading
Exciting update: An article I wrote about the preparations behind the scenes has been published on the Reserve Force Division website! Here is the PDF document. I paid another visit to the Castle today to see what was happening in … Continue reading